Before You Comment ...

I currently have a little issue with my commenting software. I will try to fix it as soon as possible. In the meantime, just click on the heading of the post that you would like to comment on. You will then get onto the individual post page and from there, the comment feature should work. Sorry for the overhead.

Friday, August 10, 2007

For Data Freaks ...

Judex non calculat. I heard this phrase a dozen times and, as a matter of fact, I encountered very little statistics during my whole legal education. Yet, I believe that data analysis should play an important role when crafting and amending laws. That is why I would like to present "Gapminder". "Gapminder" [website] is a not-for-profit organization from Sweden that aims for a visualization of human development by providing free software. On its website, "Gapminder" offers quite a variety of features, like videos, animations, charts, publications ... My personal favorite is "The Gapminder World 2006" [link] where you can choose among different indicators of human development, witness their changes over time ... even relate different indicators to each other and come up with your own theory of human development.

No comments: